Oceans are identical big and they junction smaller seas collected. World Oceans Day is a world-wide merriment on June 8 with hundreds of measures around the world celebrating our oceanic. The salinity of the ocean differs from place to place, particularly at the external.
The five oceans are:
The oceans are of great help to the earth. They play a major role in weather and temperature. The waves in the ocean are used to produce electricity and are called as tidal (waves) currents and tidal energy.
Here is the area and depth of all the five oceans:
|S.No||Ocean Name||Area (square miles)||Depth (feet)|
|4||Southern Ocean||7,848,300||13,100 – 16,400|
Things to know
- The biggest ocean is the Pacific Ocean
- The smallest ocean is the Arctic Ocean
- Atlantic ocean is the second largest ocean in the world
- Indian ocean is the third largest ocean in the world
- Southern ocean is the fourth largest ocean in the world.
- The busiest ocean is the Atlantic ocean
- Indian Ocean lies to the border of four continents. They are Asia, Africa, Antarctica, and Australia.
- Pacific Ocean occupies the one third of the water body in the earth.
- Oceans also have mountains and volcanoes.
- Many of the volcanic activities occur under the ocean surface.