Plants are living organisms. Different types of plants are trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae. Like human beings and animals, plants can grow, reproduce and die.
They also need air, water, energy and nutrients to live. Plants are also made up of cells just like human beings.Plants begin their life from a seed, grow into a plant and they grow into a huge tree. Plants grow till their life cycle.Plants give flowers and fruits to us. They also provide us shelter from sun and rain. The bark of the tree can be used as a building material for houses and furniture’s.
Importance of plants
- Life on earth is impossible without plants
- Plants can be consumed as green foods by human beings and animals.
- Plants produce oxygen which is necessary for breathing.
- Plant refreshes the air by breathing in carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen.
- Keep the surroundings cool
- Plant parts can be used as a building material
- Plants are also used a fuel
- Plants prevent soil erosion
Like human beings and animals, plants also have various parts. To know the parts of a plant visit Parts of a Plant