So kids study the tips and tell your mother about the vegetables. She will be amazed to hear from you that you have learnt so much about the vegetables.
- First whenever you take a vegetable for cooking thoroughly wash it with water.
- For boiling the vegetables add only minimum of water to prevent the loss of nutrients.
- Vegetables should be served hot.
- Unless it is necessary the skin of the vegetables should not be peeled. Since most of the rooted vegetables have their mineral deposit directly under the skin.
- To prevent the nutritive values and taste of the vegetable they should not be soaked.
- Avoid cooking vegetables in the aluminum utensils.